In major setback, CrunchPad, the touch-only computer tablet that wanted to be what the much rumored Apple Tablet should’ve been, is killed on the launchpad. The tablet was developed as a challenge launched by TechCrunch, a popular geek blog, to those interested in open, crowd sourced hardware projects. The story of the device’s demise is quite bizarre, at least as told by Touch Pad.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Dual-screen OLPC design binned; get ready for the OLPC tablet (crunchgear.com)
- Best Tablet PC For Classroom Instruction? (ask.slashdot.org)
- Just a Touch Away, the Elusive Tablet PC (nytimes.com)
- Microsoft Courier: the Apple tablet just got bumped into second place (crunchgear.com)
- Is The Crunchpad Dead? [Rumor] (gizmodo.com)
- Chrome OS And The Microsoft Squeeze (techcrunch.com)