WordPress is indubitable the best content management system in the world. It is used by half of the top 1 million Alexa sites that run off-the-shelf content management systems. Also, there are 27 million WordPress publishers in the world, of which I am proud to be one. I use WordPress for http://matei.org/ithink, http://visiblepast.net and http://ubimark.com.
Joomla, in contrast is a pygmy, with only 10% of the CMS market share, followed by declining Drupal, with 6%.
- Comparison of WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla (webdeveloperjuice.com)
- Sitecore or Sharepoint – which is the better CMS platform? (ericbrown.com)
- Which CMS to pick ? WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Silverstripe, Radiant, Browser CMS iBCScorp.com (chimac.net)
- Are News Organizations Trying to Reinvent the Wheel? (semanticweb.com)
- WordPress CE at SLA2011 (web2learning.net)